Displaying the chivalry of Indian history and ancient culture, Delhi is famous for one more happening aspect. Yes!! The national capital of India is a ‘foodie paradise’ owing to some delicate and spectacular street food in particular. Street food in Delhi is of course not a new buzz; the same has been recognised as one of the prime attractions in Delhi.
A vacation in Delhi is incomplete without hitting the streets and trying out its rich and varied cuisines. Let’s go through some of the popular dishes included in the list of best street food in Delhi.
1. Chole Bhature
The first place that comes to our minds after coming across the above dish is Delhi. Delhi is the apt place to get a taste from. Perhaps, the best street food in Delhi; this dish is known for its fluffy Bhature and an appetizing Chole. There is a special chutney that these vendors tend to offer which makes it even better.
- The best place to try– Giani di Hatti in Chandni Chowk, Nand Ke Chole Bhature in Sadar Bazaar, Chache di Hatti.
No matter at which shop you try rolls in Delhi, it will give you a lifetime experience. Each vendor tries its own stuffing recipe which allows the patrons to get diverse tastes. You can go for Paneer Rolls, Chicken Rolls Mix Veg Rolls, Manchurian Rolls and so forth.
- The best place to try– Taste drive at Rajouri Garden, Kahn Chacha, Chowrangee lane, Local Joints in Kamla Nagar Market, Satya Niketan.
3. Bishan Swaroop Chaat
A perfect blend of health and taste, Bishan Swaroop Chaat is one of the prime locations in Delhi to throng to. With some additions to the base, this chaat is made with seasonal fruits and channa toppings.
- The best place to try– There is only one shop in Chandni Chowk.
Kulfi is something which gets a positive response from everyone going out to have a superb dessert. The flavour and taste together make way for this delicious dish carrying caramelized milk and finely crushed granules of dry fruits.
- The best place to try– Roshan di Kulfi in Karol Bagh, Kuremal at Chawri Bazaar.
5. Aloo Chaat
A mouthwatering street food in Delhi, Aloo Chaat is an apt pick for spending a delicious time with your loved ones. Diced fruits added to this dish make it a complete food for the foodies.
- The best place to try– Taram Bazaar in Chandni Chowk, UPSC Bhawan.
6. Rabri Faluda
A unique taste immersed in the rich blend of coconut, dry fruits and faluda milk; Rabri Faluda is a superb affair to ask for. This dish is very popular among the Delhi residents and they hit the road every day for this particular dessert.
- The best place to try– Giani di hatti in Chandni Chowk
With over 25 different varieties of Kebabs ruling the Delhi street foods, this dish will give you the best reminder of the Mughal era. It includes Kakori Kebab, Shami Kebab, Galouti Kebab and much more.
- The best place to try– Chawla’s at Tilak Nagar, Vasant Place Market.
A healthy splash of butter with diverse stuffing, Paratha over the years has become the best pick for breakfast. This street food in Delhi can be eaten at any time without much fuss.
- The best place to try– Parathe Wali Gali, Moolchand ke Parathe, Kakke di Hatti.
9. Chicken Shawarma
An exotic dish is making the headlines since a very long period of time. Chicken Shawarma has shreds of meat fried in different spices and tomatoes.
- The best place to try– Shish Shawarma point in Karol Bagh.
10. Chole Kulche
Boiled Chole prepared with fresh tomatoes, onions and lemon along with a kulcha fried in butter are just exquisite to try for. The roadside eateries in Delhi offer this food in a unique way.
- The best place to try– Near Tip top Market in Karol Bagh, UPSC Bhawan, Yadav’s Chole Kulche at Saket.